«The Works Committee met on Tuesday, November 8, 2005, commencing at 9:32 a.m. and Wednesday, November 9, 2005, commencing at 9:35 a.m. in Committee ...»
It is recommended that:
(1) the Tender submitted by the lowest bidder meeting specifications, Aecon Utilities, in the estimated amount of $1,977,929.24 including all charges and applicable taxes for the supply of all labour, materials, equipment and supervision for the installation of new sewer and water service connections in Scarborough District, be accepted for the period of January 1, 2006 to December 31, 2006;
(2) the option to renew for one (1) additional one (1) year period, in the estimated amount of $2,014,277.82 under the same terms, conditions, and pricing be reviewed by Toronto Water in co-operation with the Purchasing and Materials Management Division, provided the supply and delivery were performed at a satisfactory level, to ensure it is feasible to extend the tender and that funds are available in the Toronto Water operating budget for the renewal period;
(3) provided that there is a favourable review, in accordance with Recommendation (2), the General Manager, Toronto Water be delegated the authority to exercise the option on the terms and conditions set out above and be authorized to instruct the Purchasing Agent to process the necessary Purchase order;
(4) in the event that the 2006 Toronto Water Operating Budget is delayed, funding in the amount of $1,977,929.24 be prior approved for the Toronto Water Operating Budget in accounts PW3003 in the amount of $648,760.79; WW3003 in the amount of $1,008,743.91 and WW3016 in the amount of $320,424.54;
(5) this report be forwarded to the Policy and Finance Committee for consideration; and (6) the appropriate City officials be authorized and directed to take the necessary action to give effect thereto.
(Policy and Finance Committee; Acting General Manager, Toronto Water;
Treasurer; c. Fareed Amin, Deputy City Manager – November 9, 2005)
The Works Committee considered a communication (November 8, 2005) from Councillor Jane Pitfield, Ward 26, Don Valley West, requesting that the Community Environmental Assessment Team start meeting as soon as possible.
Councillor Jane Pitfield, Ward 26, Don Valley West, appeared before the Works Committee.
(Deputy City Manager, Fareed Amin; Acting General Manager, Solid Waste Management Services; Councillor Jane Pitfield, Ward 26, Don Valley West;
c. Helen Smith, Committee Administrator, Striking and Nominating – November 9, 2005)