«2000 – 2003 University of Queensland School of Economics, Brisbane QLD 4072 Australia Diploma in Legal Instruments of International Economic ...»
60.Held a 3 day training workshop on Performance Contracting and Work Plans at the Lake Basin Development Authority from 24th to 26th March 2011.
61.Attended a Methodological Conference on Social Protection in the East African Region at the Methodist Guest House from the 14th – 16th December 2010.
62.Participated in Negotiation and Moderation Performance Contracts for Ministries, Departments and Agencies from 13th September to 11th October 2010.
63.Made a presentation on the Importance of Sector Performance Standards in Performance Contracts and Vision 2030 to Kenya‟s Permanent Secretaries on 20th April 2010 at Harambee House.
64.Florence k. Muindi and Dr. Tabitha Kiriti Nganga (2010), “Human Capital and Economic Growth In Kenya”, Paper presented at the AIBUMA Conference on Embracing the Changing Face and Pace of Business Management, held at the KICC on August 25-26 2010.
65.Attended a Conference an International Conference on Price Volatility and Public Policy in Agriculture at the University of Barcelona Spain from the 25th May to 29th May 2010.
66.Attended the Launch of the WTO Chairs Program in Geneva, Switzerland from 23-25th May 2010 and presented a paper on the School of Economics WTO Chairs program
67.Organised a Seminar and research dissemination workshop on Gender Inequality at Makerere University of Business School Kampala Uganda from 19th January 2010 to 29th January 2010.
68.Attended an AERC Biannual workshop in Nairobi from 30th November 2009 to 3rd December 2009.
69.Attended an AERC workshop on “Rethinking African Economic Policy in Light of the Global Economic and Financial Crisis in Nairobi from December 6-8 2009 and presented a paper Global Economic and financial Crisis: Kenya‟s Experience.
70.Attended an AERC workshop on “Rethinking African Economic Policy in Light of the Global Economic and Financial Crisis in Nairobi from December 6-8 2009 and was a discussant of a paper titled “Global Economic Crisis: The need for African Governments Interventions for Rapid Economic Recovery and Stability.
71.Attended a SID workshop on Education and Inequality: the Case of the East African Community in Kampala Uganda 30th August to 2nd September 2009.
72.Attended the 15th Annual Association of Feminist Economics in Boston, Massachusetts, USA from the 24th June to 28th June 2009 and Presented a Paper titled: Family Size and the Economics of Gender Preference: A Case Study from the Nyeri District of Kenya.
73.Attended an Inception Workshop at on Services Development and Impact on Poverty funded by Southern African Development Research Network and the University of Mauritius where I was the resource person and presented two papers titled: “Services Trade Development: Research Issues” and “Trade in Services” from the 17th t0 19th June 2009.
74.Attended the 4th Annual Virtual Institute National Coordinators in Geneva and Presented a Paper on “Regional Trade Agreements: A Case Study of Kenya” from 4th to 6th May 2009.
75.Attended a three day training on Results Based Management at the Utalii Hotel Nairobi 30th March to 1st April 2009 and awarded a Certificate.
76.Was invited by the United Nations Economic Commission for Africa (Addis Ababa) to attend a Seminar on Trade Facilitation from 12 to 13th March 2009.
77.Attended an UNCTAD sponsored 3 week course on Key Issues on the International Economic Agenda in Cairo, Egypt January 25th to February 12, 2009 and awarded a certificate.
78.Presented a paper titled “Gender and Socioeconomic Development in Kenya” at the Aga Khan University Hospital on the 3rd April 2009.
79.Attended a one Day Conference at the Helsinki University of Technology on Sustainable Technologies and gave a Two Hour Lecture on Poverty and Inequality. 24th to 25th September 2008.
80.Attended a UNU-WIDER Conference in Helsinki Finland on Frontiers of Poverty Analysis. 26th to 27th September 2008-09-30
81.Attended an AERC 20th Anniversary conference on Natural Resource Management and Climate Change as a Discussant of a Paper “Monetary Assessment of Benefits of Ecosystem Preservation: An Application of the Contingent Valuation Method to the Lake Chad Region”. 16th t0 17th September 2008.
82.Attended a Seminar as a Discussant of a paper titled “Transcient and Chronic Poverty in Kenya: Correlates and Trends”, at the Kenya Institute of Public Policy Research and Analysis (KIPPRA) on the 22nd of August 2008.
83.Attended and presented a paper titled “Food Security and the Shamba System in Kenya” at the 6th International Conference on Development at the Institute of Development Studies (IIDS) at the University of Technology Mauritius. 15th -18th July 2008.
84.Attended an UNCTAD Virtual Institute members meeting in Geneva from 3rd to 9th February 2008.
85.Attended an OSSREA Senior Scholars Workshop in Addis Ababa and presented a paper titled “Institution, Gender Inequality and Pro-Poor Growth: The Kenyan Case” from the 13th to 16th January 2008.
86.Was a Resource person at a Workshop on International Trade and Poverty Sponsored by UNCTAD Virtue Institute in Dar es Salaam from the 19th to 23rd November 2007.
87.Presented a paper titled “Poverty in Kenya 1994-1997: A Stochastic Dominance Approach”, at a Workshop on International Trade and Poverty Sponsored by UNCTAD Virtue Institute in Dar es Salaam from the 19th to 23rd November 2007.
88.Attended a Workshop on International Trade and Poverty Sponsored by UNCTAD Virtue Institute in Dar es Salaam from the 19th to 23rd November 2007.
89.Was invited and attended a meeting as a stakeholder with Mr. Francois Bourguignon (Chief Economist and Senior Vice President in Development Economics at the World Bank) on the World Bank External Policy Dialogue Sessions on Long Term Strategic Exercise (LTSE) on the 27th August 2007 at the Central Bank of Kenya offices.
90.Presented a paper titled “Poverty and Gender: The Kenyan Case” at the Aga Khan University Hospital on the 13th August 2007.
91.Attended the launch of SID report on ‘Gender Responsive Budgeting & CDF: A Gender Benefit Incidence Analysis of Four Constituencies’ at the Hotel Panafric on the 26th June 2007 organised by the Society for International Development, East African Regional Office.
92.Attended a CBMS seminar at the Fairway Hotel in Nairobi organised by the Society for International Development (SID) on the 25th July 2007.
93.Attended the SID 50th Anniversary Celebrations Sub-Regional Symposium, at the Hotel Panafric on the 19-20th June 2007.
94.Presented a Paper titled “Gender and Economic Growth and the Kenya Vision 2030 at a Seminar held by the School of Economics at the Hilton Hotel on the 30th May 2007.
95.Presented a Paper titled “Gender and Economic Growth” at a Seminar held by the School of Economics, University of Nairobi on the 18th May 2007.
96.Attended a three day International Organisation on Standardisation (ISO) Workshop from the 13th to 15th March 2007 held at the University of Nairobi.
97.Attended a Gender Mainstreaming Workshop in Addis Ababa Sponsored by OSSREA from the 23rd to 27th October 2006 and awarded a certificate.
98.Attended a Community Based Monitoring System and Gender and Poverty Workshop at (REPOA) Dar es Salaam from the 30th July 2006 to 4th August 2006 and awarded a certificate.
99.Attended a two-day training workshop on WITS at the World Bank Country Office Nairobi sponsored by World Bank Institute, June 19-20th 2006 and awarded a certificate.
100.Attended a World Bank and IFC Sponsored Workshop on Gender and Economic Growth held at the Grand Regency Hotel Nairobi. 29th – 31st May 2006.
101.Presented a paper titled “The Economic Context of Migration” at the SID-CeSPI Workshop on Migration in Africa held at the Norfolk Hotel Nairobi. 18th-19th May 2006
102.Attended an Advanced Poverty Research Workshop at (REPOA) Dar es Salaam from the 26th February 2006 to 5th March 2006 and awarded a certificate.
103.Attended a Poverty Diagnostics Workshop at the Research on Poverty Alleviation (REPOA) Dar es Salaam 25th September to 4th October 2005 and awarded a certificate.
104.Presented a Paper “Poverty Alleviation Programmes for Women‟s Empowerment in Rural Africa with Reference to Kenya: Relative Effectiveness through State and Private Sector Governance”. on November 29th 2005 at the University of South Pacific, Fiji
105.Presented the Concept Paper “Evaluating Public Policies for Poverty Reduction:
Tools, Techniques and Processes”, at a United Nations Centre for Regional Development (UNCRD) Workshop Gigiri, 28th – 30th June 2005.
106.Presented a paper titled “Looking at 2004/05 Budget using a Gender Lens” to Members of Parliament at the Hotel Intercontinental on the 17th June 2004.
107.Presented a paper on “Poverty, HIV AIDS and Women in Kenya”, at a Conference in Calcutta in December 2003.
108.Presented a paper on “Institutional Impediments to Women Empowerment in Kenya”, at a conference on Women Empowerment in Bhubaneswar, India, in May 2002.
109.Attended a course on, “Analytical and Policy Issues in Macroeconomic Management” at the World Bank Institute, from May 6th – July 22nd 1999, and was awarded a certificate.
110.Presented a paper on “Poverty in Kenya: Identification, Measurement and Profiles” at an AERC workshop in Accra Ghana in May 1999.
111.Attended a “Collaborative Research” workshop from 16th June to 16th July 1998 at Cornell University in the United States of America.
112.Attended a “Poverty Training Workshop” in Kampala, organised by the African Economic Research Consortium, (AERC), from the 5th –14th August 1997.
113.Presented a paper on “Structural Adjustment, Poverty and Economic Growth” at a seminar on Strategic Planning and Communication Strategies at the Grand Regency Hotel Nairobi Kenya, in May 1997.
1. Reviewer and Evaluator of the National Commission on Science Technology and Innovation Grants Research Proposals for the 2013/2014 financial year from 6th to 11th November 2013 at the KCB Leadership Centre.
2. Was appointed a member of the Committee in the Academic Division in the African Women Studies Centre at the University of Nairobi.
3. Was appointed member of the Editorial Board in the School of Economics in April 2013.
4. Was appointed a Resource Person to the Socio-economic Factors thematic area towards the Formulation of National Slum Upgrading and Prevention Policy on the 14th December 2012.
5. Was appointed a Member of the Social Economics Thematic Area in the Slum Upgrading Policy Making by the Permanent Secretary in the Ministry of Housing on 14th November 2012.
6. Was appointed member of the College of Humanities and Social Sciences Publication and Research Committee on the 6th of November 2012.
7. Chaired a Board of Governors Meeting at Githambia Secondary School on the 5th of December 2012.
8. Was appointed member of the College of Humanities and Social Sciences Publication and Research Committee on the 6th of November 2012.
9. Member of the African Growth and Development Policy Modelling Consortium
10. Member of the Association of African Women Economists
11. Member of the International Association of Feminists Economists
12. Member of the Task Force on Normalisation and Acceleration of Admissions for First Years (2012/13 to 2015/16 Academic years.
13. Member of the Senate Committee on Normalisation and Acceleration of Admissions for First Years (2012/13 to 2015/16 Academic years.
14. Co-founder and Co-Chair of the WTO Chair in the School of Economics, University of Nairobi
15. Member of the College of Humanities and Social Sciences Corruption Prevention Committee
16. Thematic Head of the Economic Theory Unit in the School of Economics, University of Nairobi
17. Member of the School Management Committee in the School of Economics, University of Nairobi
18. Reviewer of Science Technology and Innovation Grants Research Proposals for the 2010/2011 financial year for the National Council for Science and Technology from 2nd to 3rd December 2010.
19. Chair of the Agriculture and Rural Development Sector in the Performance Contract Negotiations from 29th June to 1st July 2010.
20. External Examiner PhD thesis ““Effects of Foreign Aid Predictability on Investment and Economic Growth in Kenya”. by Elphas Victor Ojiambo 17th December 2012
21. External Examiner PhD thesis “Total Factor Productivity Growth in the Kenyan Manufacturing Sector: A Manquis Index Approach” by Dr. Paul Mwangi Gachanja, Kenyatta University, November 2008.
22. External Examiner PhD Thesis “Budget Deficits and Macroeconomic Performance in Kenya: An Empirical Analysis” by Mr. George Kipngetich Kosimbei, Kenyatta University, 28th May To 5th July 2009.
23. Vice Chair of Task Force Mandated in Developing the Sector Performance Indicators and Targets in the Public Sector Reforms and Performance Contracting.
24. Member of the Ad Hoc Negotiation/Evaluation Task Force in the Office of the Prime Minister to Develop Sector Performance Standards on the 1st of April 2009.
25. Member of the Public Sector Reforms And Performance Contracting Ad- Hoc Negotiations Task Force Members Ministries/Departments Performance Contracts For Financial Year 2009-2010.
26. Member of the Committee to Manage Analysis of Data Trends under ISO 9001: 2008 on April 28 2009.
27. Member of board of Governors, Githambia Secondary School by the Minister for Education in July 2008-2015.
28. Chairman of the Board of Governors of Githambia Secondary School. In 13th September 2008-2015.
29. Member of the School of Economics ISO Development Committee
30. Chief Editor: International Journal of Afro-Asian Studies.
31. Coordinator of the UNCTAD Virtual Institute activities in the School of Economics, University of Nairobi.